We can all agree that the perfect curls can make quite a fashion statement but how do you get no heat curls? You want that perfect, soft, and bouncy curls look that can give your face definition and sophistication, however, they can be really tricky to achieve. But if you often use heat to achieve this look, it can really end up damaging your hair. So how do you get no heat curls? We have all heard the horror stories of what heat can do to your hair, and that’s why being able to create no heat curls should be a staple in your beauty routine. Here’s my process on how to curl your hair without heat. This is best if done at night before bed.
How To No Heat Curls Step By Step
- Start off with clean, wet hair.
- Spray your favorite heat protector generously (I know we won’t be using heat, but heat protectorscan actually help protect your hair from the sun and the elements. So, it’s always a good idea to apply heat protector even if you don’t use heat on your hair).
- Dry the hair with a hair dryer on cool. A cool tip to adding volume to your hair while drying it, is to turn your head upside down as you blast it with air. You can achieve similar volume by flipping your hair to the opposite side in which you want the volume. If you prefer you can let it dry naturally and that will also work for no heat curls.
- Once it’s fairly dry (but still slightly damp to the touch), brush it out to get out any tangles
- Take separate pieces of hair and wrap them around your index and middle fingers. When you reach the crown of your head, pin them in place with a bobby pin or two. The curliness of your curls will depend on how thick the rolls are. If you grab big pieces of hair, you will have softer, even straighter curls. The thinner the pieces of hair, the curlier the curls will be.
- Once you are all rolled up, to go bed for the night.
- In the morning unroll each curl. Run your fingers through your curls to separate them as much as you need. Another cool tip is to turn your head upside down and shake it out.
- Spray with a bit of soft hold hair spray. This will make sure they stay put for the rest of the day (they have actually lasted me for a couple of days).
- This part is optional, but you can also spray them with a bit of shine spray to give them an extra touch of brilliance.
Try out No Heat Curls Yourself
This is one of the easiest and healthiest ways of curling your hair that you could do. And they are totally awesome no heat curls! Not only is it safer and healthier, but it’s actually a lot faster than using an curling iron, as you don’t have to stay put and wait for the iron to dry the hair. Most of the drying is done overnight as you sleep.
If you are looking for the perfect no heat curls, but don’t want to sacrifice the health of your locks, consider this easy approach the next time you curl.